**FREE GROUND SHIPPING WITHIN CONTINENTAL US**
BetaColor Presto Spectro-Densitometer with Spot Color Tone Value for Flexo and Packaging
Designed to address both performance and economics to deliver a true Spectro-densitometer at a very affordable $2,900 (price good thru June 21, 2019). Comparable units are found in the $5,000-$6,000 price range.
While exceptionally priced, the fully featured Presto Spectro easily and accurately measures density, dot gain, dot area, gray balance, trapping order, L*A*B*, Lch, Delta E, and opacity. It also includes a new feature, Spot Color Tone Value (SCTV), especially useful for flexographic spot color tone matching.
The Presto Spectro-Densitometer needs no chargers. It runs on AA batteries for an incredible 50,000 measurements per battery set. It is excellent for 24/7 operations, and has an "ever bright" white display that makes reading values much easier for the user. Its unique "Easy Glide" track never touches wet ink so printers never have to worry about smearing the sample area when measuring.
The Presto Spectro includes a built in 32 color customizable "onboard" color library that is expandable to thousands of colors with the addition of the optional PrestoConnect Color Library software and database which maintains a complete and comprehensive data base of all job parameters, making it simple for printers to easily create, collect and manage unlimited colors and job information. The PrestoConnect Color Library software database can organize by color, customer and job date, making it convenient for use by production personnel.
The Presto Spectro Spectro-Densitometer is an extremely economical, production oriented, spectro-densitometer that is user friendly and ideally suited for both multiple color offset or flexo presses. It can also measure offset plates as well as print. Its unique Red (Stop) / Green (Go) traffic light indicators quickly shows printers whether color is correct and within their specified working tolerances as set by the user.
- Delta E
- Gray Balance, Density, Dot gain, Trapping Order (first & second color order)
- SCTV (Spot Color Tone Value)
- 32 color "on board" Color Library, optional "Presto Connect Software" extended database software for thousands of color references with job references and more.
All moving parts and expensive to replace incandescent bulbs found in other units have been REPLACED with super efficient LEDs (7-year warranty). This minimizes power consumption while extending battery life to an incredible 250,000 measurements from four AA alkaline batteries.
The NEW SPOT COLOR TONE VALUE (SCTV) a unique BetaColor feature, especially important for the flexographic printing and packaging sector, accurately shows spot color dot gain and produces precise numerical results that match the visual appearance.
Extensive research within the industry has led to the development of the Spot Color Tone Value, ISO CD 20654, now available exclusively in the Beta PRESTO Spectro. SCTV gives reliable, believable results where other instruments fail.
Features & Benefits
- Automatic Density, Dot Gain, Balance, and Trapping
- Delta E, Lab, Lch, & SCTV (Spot Color Tone Value)
- 250,000 measurements from high efficiency LED's, months of use from simple AA batteries
- Color Libraries - 32 Colors (4 books, 8 references, each with Lab, delta E, and) CMYK, Thousands more possible using the optional "Presto Connect Software" (see information below)
- USB data port with Summary or Detail format
- Affordable ($3,499) and easy to use assures fast ROI
- Paper white high resolution display offers high contrast and low power draw
- User-definable color libraries speed up repeat work
- Unlimited technical support and our worry-free warranty (Two years)
- PrestoConnect Color Library Management Software
PrestoConnect Database Software (optional, purchased separately) allows the user to create, collect, and manage an unlimited number of colors in conjunction with the new Beta PrestoSpectro portable spectrodensitometer.
The database organizes the work by Color, Customer, and Job making it easy for production personnel to use and understand the system.
Physical samples are measured with the instrument and automatically written to the database with Lab and Density values, a user-entered color name, and delta E and density tolerances. A representation of the color is generated on-screen for confirmation to the operator. Once the sample is measured the operator has the option to accept the entry, as shown here.
Once the color sample is named and accepted it becomes part of the List of Colors as shown below.